Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Waiting

Waiting...I have decided that it isn't such a bad thing after all. Who knows what will wander into your pathway while you sit, ponder, wait and wonder. The view from this house was the whole pig feast in motion. He was waiting for all the work to be done and the meal to be ready. Not a bad place to wait and wonder and ponder.
I wait for the bread to rise, it takes me a good 3 hours to get it all done from flour to loaf. I take naps, read books, watch a movie, talk to family but really I am waiting. Waiting for the next step in the process while the yeast and oven do all the work. I wonder if maybe that is what waiting on God looks like...what will I do, where will we go, how will we afford...Maybe after all the ingredients are together, I am in the waiting part of the process.
Scott and I are going to visit Scott and Heidi. Scott and Heidi work in an amazing discipleship ministry in Bokodini with Eduventure. We are taking a few days this weekend to see and hear and wonder. Go figure another couple with our names. So as we wait we wander and wonder...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I will pray for you as you wait and wonder =) My love to you my dear friend.