Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A year together

In the 5.5 years Scott and I have been married we haven't had a year where we have spent the whole year together. His job has taken him away for a month here and there and one year he spent the whole year away and came home on the weekends. This is the first year we have been day in and day out face to face together. Good news...we still like each other :)
We have had to learn some things though and in that learning maybe when all is said and done and we look back on this year we will realize how amazing it was that God would let us have this year to learn why He put us together. We seem to be good for each other but sheesh can he be stubborn ... I am thinking he thinks the same about me. Scott was single until he married me at 40, I came in with truck loads of baggage and yet in all of this God says..be married and deal with your unbelievable selfishness. All of you marrieds know how painful it is to realize that awful truth and slowly extricate yourself from yourself.
So when you run into some problems here in Papua...there is nobody you can go to, we don't have a Pastor, counselor, family and even good friends. So when Scott and I face each other on those days when all our selfishness collide...we only have each other and the One who put us together. Remember the stubbornness...I am so glad that the Truth trumps tired grumpy feelings. We have learned so much at being married, we kind of have to play catch up to be the parents that Mijo and Nick need and this year we are given that chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.