Thursday, May 14, 2009

His Name


Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path. Ps. 143;10

He who forms the mountain, creates the wind, and reveals His thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the high places of earth - the Lord God Almighty is His name. Amos 4:13

I walk the dog on this road and these verses accompany me. On this particular day, the wind was blowing pretty hard, the mountains we visible and I thought...what thoughts would be revealed to me as I felt, heard and saw Amos 4:1 . However, I just heard the wind, walked the path and saw the mountains.

The interesting things is that every time I walk the dog on this path I think of this verse. Now in the routine of the walk I can picture Him treading on these high places of earth, and here in Washington we have some of those high places. How magnificent a picture to elevate the mundane. His thoughts are revealed and these are His thoughts. He is the Mountain Former, The Wind Creator, The Day Changer, The Treader of High Places...That is His name. I can see His name everywhere...stamped on the every day. In my routine, He is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read this blog - very inspiring. Thanks for sharing it. - lew