Thursday, May 7, 2009

So....what are you thinking?

I took a field trip with the Seniors at LC to 3 worship centers; Jewish, Muslim, and Buddhist. This is right up my alley of interesting things to do and it was in all the usual ways. Remarkable how sincere we are in our faiths.
We love our places of worship, we have all the right answers, we order our lives in certain ways and we even have the answers to why the other faith is wrong in what they believe. The problem always is what do we do about Jesus.

If we talk only about God we can kind of ..except for the Buddhist, have an understanding but it all falls apart when we talk about Jesus. That whole trinity thing just messes up the Jews and the Muslims. What to do about Jesus...what to do...
Oh I know...make him one of the prophets or don't talk about him at all.

OR...Let Him translate you from the domain of darkness and bring you into the kingdom of Light. (Collosians) I'll go with The Translator....I want to follow Him.

1 comment:

Joe Ackerson said...

Heidi, I really appreciated the field trip. I am not one to ever be gone from school, but lets try and do it again next year. I thoroughly enjoyed our varied conversation throughout the day - both with each other and with students.

Reading your most recent posts - I was blessed to hear how much you are learning through the pain. Thanks for that.

-Joe