Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting a cold

On Friday in my ESL we were going around having to answer random questions on cards. This creates conversations which in the long run is exactly what is needed. These students spend most of their conversations times talking in their native languages rather then struggle through with English. Anyway, one of the questions was what diseases are you most afraid to contract. We all walked about cancer, Aids etc. and one of my students said...colds. I am most afraid of getting a cold.
This made me laugh...so I asked. Really, you are afraid of getting a cold? He answers..." I have 3 colds this semester, so I am afraid of cold ! Keeping it real...why not worry about what actually can happen rather then what may happen. Refreshing in the reality of it all.
I finally did go to the doctor for my well check up. It has been 3 years since my last and as worried as I was about what I may have...all that was of concern was my very low vitamin D count. I'm good to go otherwise. Anxious about everything ...thankful about nothing. I don't think that is how the verse goes...
So, here is to the common cold...a reminder that it isn't more and therefore we can be thankful.

No comments: