Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Morning

I anticipated getting a lot done this Spring break and with Scotty's help...much has been accomplished. We painted...Scott being so much more meticulous then I. We were painting over what I had painted when I first bought the house. I was in a rush to get it all done so we could move in that I did not spend a lot of time doing the details..like taping etc. Once over was good enough and on we went. 9 years later Scott painted over my haste.
It took him a lot longer to get the painting done then if I was in charge of the project. He is so good about getting it done right. I am so good at getting it done fast...not so much right. I love his work but I get so frustrated with the timing.
Ahhh but isn't this how the Almighty does things? It always seems to take longer then it should, whatever it is we have asked God to intervene. I get so frustrated in the timing of it all, why do we always have to wait? I watched "The Passion of the Christ" this past Good Friday. It was excruciating to watch and if I never watch it again, that's good. What bothers me so about this medium of entertainment is that it is a virtual Jesus getting scourged, a pretend Satan, an acting Mary, a really good Pilot...see nothing is real. This is a real story though and yet there in 2 hours or so we are made to 'feel' something. In particular the sequence for the lashing was more then I could watch. I am squeamish about blood anyway... I never watch it on TV and I get sick to my stomach when I see it in real life. I kept saying...come on finish the lashing already !!! get on with the story, get on with something else...even in the condensed version of a movie, Jesus pain was too long. The more I read about the death and resurrection of Jesus, timing was everything but nothing was soon enough. The only thing that was surprising was that Jesus died much sooner then he was supposed too.
He does everything well...always on His own timetable. He fixes our hasty mistakes with painstaking strokes and creates something altogether new. Nothing sooner or later...always on time. These things are what swirl in my head this Thursday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said! - lew

Les Hon said...

I can relate with your experiences...My relationship with Randy mirrors yours & Scott's...I am all haste, he is all meticulous and slow. The truth is we need each other, but too rarely can can concede the superiority of our own methods. Too bad.

I have not yet watched the Passion of the Christ. I have some non-Christian friends who just assumed that I would rush to buy the video. I cannot stomach watching what I required Jesus to do for me. This year, I almost watched it...but I feared a dam would break inside me, and I would be undone. I'm not sure that was right, but it was what I did.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...Some of your swirls match mine...