Sunday, May 2, 2010

Micro ... Macro

We are the proud owners of an aquarium and 4 little goldfish. Mijo and I were such newbies walking into Pets Smart wondering what it would take to get up and running. Much longer and much more complicated then you think. We had an aquarium from the biology lab at school and some objects to put in,all I thought we would need would be some fish, food and a filter. No...you need a water heater, water purifier, net, gravel for the bottom, scrubber, gravel vacuum, water stone and pump. One can't even have any fish until there is enough bacteria in the water after you take the chlorine out. you can either buy some bacteria and wait a week or so or you can buy some goldfish. Those hearty , dirty fish who when you have them a week dirty up the tank enough to allow the water to get to that magical ratio that is healthy for other fish.
Water life amaze me because not to many years ago all we knew about fish was what we caught in our nets or saw with our own eyes a few feet deep. The whole micro world was beyond our scope, just waiting to be discovered.
I love it that God so knew his Creation that He knew we needed to discover. How the unknown pushes us further. Deeper and higher we go looking and marveling and wondering. Seeing all the colors of the fish, their size and shape and 'personalities', I am so delighted to discover for myself a new living thing spoken from God's imagination. In the micro to the macro...from the simple to the complicated...all that is living dancing its beauty. I wonder what is still out there, up there under there...yet to be seen.
God's imagination swimming in my fish tank...running in the field...growing in my garden...kissing me goodnight.

No comments: