Monday, April 18, 2011

new normal

So as far as we can see at this time Scott will be moving to Montana at the end of this month. The job is a great job and challenging and all that but sheesh Montana is far away. I don't know what our routine will look like or how often we can see each other but at this time we are trying to figure out how to make the best of something rather then seeing the worst of it. If you put this is perspective...it is not that different for people who are in the military or many other reasons why families don't live in the same zip code...but I wonder all the things we will loose and what will be sacrificed on this particular decision. When I was young...I saw my parents every 8 weeks or so as we were in boarding school. No one thought that one through as to the far reaching consequences...are we doing the same in this decision?
We ask for Wisdom, God knows our journey but things don't always work out in the easiest way for the best schedule for the perfect relationship.
I asked Scott last night..."Will we be OK?"He says..."of course we will be". It is all about attitude and for this situation...I want to have a really good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe peope didn't realize the long-range implications of your separation from your parents as a child --- but try factoring in God's plan for your life as mentioned in Psalm 139. He willed/designed it to be that way. I hope someday that you will get a glimpse of His purpose and that you will know His peace about your past. ~lew