Monday, April 11, 2011

...OK...what we would prefer

Scott has been without work for awhile now. His job with PM has been inconsistent so there have been some difficult days trying to figure out what we are supposed to be doing. Now he has been offered a job, a really good one, in Montana.
He is also applying for a job with the National Guard but very uncertain of the possibilities though this job would be here and he would be home every night. Scott has been gone a lot in our marriage and we have made it work though it is difficult on our family. So we pray...for His will to be done, His Kingdom to come, His plan to unfold...what I am hoping though is that His Will and My Desire will be the same.
I have learned something about anxiety and desire ...the more I expect, the more anxious I become. I borrow the 'what ifs' for the year and try and figure out how will I respond and how I will deal. I am told ...that I need to pray and petition with thanksgiving...and that peace of God's will guard my heart and mind. I need those guards to contain the rampant nature of my worries. I so want Scott to be home with a good job...I so want this but at the same time know that if Scott has to be in Montana then the guards will be there as well. Strength for the day at hand not the night before or the months before.
When all is said and done...I want him home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog - that is a tough thing. I'm praying that God will fill your desires with Himself - and that then you can delight in what delights Him and is best for you. Does that make sense? - lew

Sharon said...

My sentiments are with Lew... in some of the difficult decisions I have had to make in life, praying that His desire would be my desire - His will my will has always worked. I will be praying for you and Scott at this crossroad of decision!

Anonymous said...

I always assume on God's desire...that why wouldn't it be mine. Why wouldn't He want our family together...This process of wondering is always a process of wrestling. Heidi