Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer time and the living is ....

Live in THIS moment, the fortune tells me. As if I don't know this but somehow can't seem to remember.  I am on the down side of an up week. Last week was full of THIS MOMENT kind of living.  5th Avenue Awards night, Last supper with International students, Graduation speech and evening, Graduation party and parties and now all is quiet and I am in restorative mode. It was a most excellent week and a most exhausting one.  Summer time and the living needs to be restorative.

Scott is turning 50 this August, Mijo 18, Nick 16 and we will be married 10 years. Summer time and the living is a celebration. My father has a thing for numbers..times when turning an age is more significant than others. This year would be a significant year, and it all happens in August. Us on the 10th, Scott on the 15, Mijo on the 16th and Nick on the 25th.  Since I don't know how to put a party together really well...I am trying to figure it out now. Summer time and the living is a celebration.

Summer time and the living is creative. I have projects to do and things to make. When I become creative I become content. I have a quilt to make, rooms to clean and decorate, gardens to produce, books to read and thoughts to ponder.

Summer time and the living is healthy.  I want to exercise more consistently, eat healthier and drink more water.  The rush of the school year wears on me and I want to get into a habit of eating, sleeping and exercising so that when the rush comes again, I am in a habit.

Summer time and the living is simple...friends, family and fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that you savoured the "up" side of the week and recognize that now you need to recharge. That restoration sounds vital since August is celebration extraordinaire and beyond that is ... lets say, the rest of life. Wishing you a lot of leisure and creativity - Blessings, ~lew