Sunday, June 8, 2008

Boys on the Beach


Of all the things we have done so far I think surfing has counted the most points. Scott had done some in Papua as did Nick, here it is made for surfing and they were having a wonderful time. Mijo attempted...it looks easier then reality. There was some frustration in the water when she attempted to get on the "stupid" board. Me, I am still trying to learn so many different things that to begin something else would just frustrate me with just another thing I don't do well enough to enjoy. It was fun to cheer from the beach and rejoice with every standing moment. We have been looking and shopping and resting and wishing everything would just slow down a bit. I am getting tense just thinking about the the drive up I5 and wondering if we can in anyway settle back in. Hoping that some will come by and tell us we were missed. That my house will wrap us up in the warm memories we left and be that safe place again for all that we will begin again. It looks easy but I think the reality may be different.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Believe me you were missed!!! I can't believe it has been a year already. I was just saying to my mom that you are on your way home. It has gone so fast to us here watching and listening to your adventures. I am anxiously waiting to hear more first hand accounts of your adventures. We have lots to share with you as well. - we have a beautiful new son Elijah. He is 5 weeks old today! Miss you all and look forward to seeing you soon....
Marn

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Heidi
I think you will find you were all missed deeply. A special person like you I can't imagine not being missed.

Wrap yourself in the comfort of familiar surroundings when home, but not the feelings. Remember if it doesn't "feel" the same - it is. Just you have changed because of your incredible year. Bring your surroundings/home along with you as you display your souvenirs and your friends with your stories and God's incredible goodness.

May you find the balance of returning to return the oldand familiar with marrying it to all that is "new" to you. It is like that chorus "i'll never be the same again..." I will be praying daily for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Heidi! Don't expect it to be the same! It won't ever be exactly the same again....but different is not always bad! It is GOOD to grow and change and move forward! If you expect what you left, you will be saddened and disappointed. This life is not stagnant. Expect new and different and a new path for your family! Trust your LOVING Father for what He has in store NEXT for you!

We love you!
MSvandy