Saturday, June 21, 2008

Moving in slo-mo

Scott and I went to Costco yesterday to fill the larder and I felt like I was moving under water. How many choices I have to make about bread, meat and yogurt anyway? We are 80% set up..or even more and though the house is getting together my mind hasn't quite found where it needs to settle. I wander the house trying to find the place that feels like home and it's still just our house. We are missing winzig our dog...she made it a home and when our cat came back yesterday from her stay she gained about 10 pounds and looks like a big huge marshmellow. I am not quite sure if she is our cat...We are trying to figure out how to be who we are here in Lynden. The shadows of our former selves echo in these walls but we all have gone through a change and there is a disconnect. We will figure it out sooner then later, it is just transition time.

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

Have you been able to come up for air yet? I hope transition time is smooth, and not too disorienting. Take care -- and welcome back!

Leslie