Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yogykarta

We have made our own Batik...silver jewelry ...visited Borobudur...and today the market and the Sultans Palace. It is a great Indonesian city and if you are planning a visit to this side of the world and want to see something other then beaches and such, this is the place to come. As I write this morning from my Hotel room in the patio there is an old Javanese man playing on his traditional instrument and singing. It isn't what you would play on your Ipod at home and to be honest does not even sound pretty, but it is interesting and definitely not MTV. This afternoon I will upload some pictures of our time here so that you can get an idea of what we have explored.

On another note..this is also our last day here in Indonesia. Tomorrow AM early we begin the long flight home. For me this is the fly in all the ointments. As you may know by now I have an unusual fear to flying. I get panicky when we hit turbulence and trust me when I tell you I know logically that my fear is unfounded. Well, not unfounded there have been many airplane accidents...but I know what you are saying. I am so looking forward to getting into my house but not the huge unpacking that will need to happen for us to be in our house. Where are those magical elf's when you need them. So if you think about it...please pray for very uneventful flights all the way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for peace and the sense of being carried along in your Heavenly Father's arms - lew