Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Holding...

We were landing in Bokondini and Nick slid his hands back so that I could re-assure him that the landing would be OK. I have a thing about hands and pictures of them. I could put them all on the blog and you would be looking at hands for awhile. We can do so much with our hands!
Lately my hands have been busy...driving Mijo and Nick here and there and there and back here again. Smacking the dog...again and again so she won't pee...she is frustrating. Making supper, lunch and coffee for breakfast, typing on the computer, watering the plants, hugging my parents who visited for a few minutes it seemed. My hands are involved in making another quilt using a pattern I gleaned from the PSAT test, wiping the dust off the tables and vacuuming the carpet. My hands have picked the new tomatoes from our plant and new blue berries from our blueberry bushes. My hands have held many many books as I seek insight into my MA project and insight into my life.
I also know that the hands of many of you are busy as well, working, waiting, wanting, worrying...holding. Keep holding on tight, I am...the landing will be fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good writing - you are so creative!! Happy that your folks were able to visit. - lew

Anonymous said...

My hands are often folded - praying for you! Loved your posting.

Anonymous said...

My hands are often involved in praying for you! Sometimes open in praise to the Father for what He has done for you or shown you and at other times just bringing your needs to Him. I love this entry.