Saturday, August 23, 2008

Insight...finally


We, us teachers, are preparing for school. Sometimes the preparation is helpful sometimes it is just..well, it is. The funny thing is that whether we are prepared or not everyone descends on school next week. Yesterday we had a full day of listening and learning about our strengths. it is a strange thing at my ripe old age of 45..well 45 soon...that things finally come together about why I am the way I am. It is revealing but at the same time a bit disconcerting. Needless to say my takeaway or my insight is this...
I am a thinker, I am an introvert, I connect the dots in a kind of global way, I am strategic and I love new and fresh ideas. The best place for me to be in outside the US. Weird how a total stranger could put these things together for me...not ever having a discussion with me or knowing my background. How this is helpful to me...I have to think about it :). I guess if anyone should be able to see how it would all connect, well that would be me.
It is nice to know..but like any tool or piece of information it is only good in how beneficial it is to the community. School starts this coming week. I am teaching some, writing much and wondering how it is all going to connect. I guess it is OK to be who I am...refreshing in the simplicity of it all. The Image of God sprinkled in a unique way in all of us.

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

So you are teaching at LC again? How did that come about? : ) Please explain: "The best place for me to be in outside the US." I didn't catch it...
It is disconcerting and yet sometimes a relief to have an "un-invested" person declare the features they see that make you -- you! Gives new perspective for going on from here... : )
I'm glad that you will be teaching still...you have much to offer! LC will be the richer for it!