Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not all that...

School started yesterday and I must say it is lovely to be teaching again. Teenagers are amazing beings.
On a whole other note...We all usually feel like we are really good at something. Not that we are the best ever seen but ...close. For me, I knew I had a good curriculum for my Family Psychology class and I was very proud of all the thing I put together. Last year here at LC a new teacher took up my class and I kind of felt sorry for her. She had to teach MY AMAZING curriculum and I was sure she would and could not do a good job let alone better. Yesterday she gave me my curriculum back and she had. She took what I thought was great and truly improved on it and made it so much more organized and effective. SOOOOOOO humbling, I can be so driven to be the unique-est ( I know not a word) and want that niche that no one can have but God will and can and does use anyone who is willing...It is OK to be OK. Contrary to our culture, I don't have to be better then anyone. It frees me up to enjoy others successes and gifts rather then thinking everyone has to enjoy mine. Now I get to teach a curriculum enhanced and organized and so much better...for her I am so very grateful.

No comments: