Monday, October 13, 2008

Wrap up!

When I write something I usually have learned something, thought about something and usually I can wrap it up nicely in a bow....This time...I don't know how to wrap it up...The question that woke me up the other night was simply...Where is God when you get old? I am sure many of you have wandered the hallways of an old folks home and thought...May I never end up here...Please may I die in my sleep before I get to this condition.
As much as someone can tell me that God wanders those hallways in those homes...He seems as absent as most of their wills to live. It seems a big, huge elaborate waiting room...
As I look towards the inevitable aging process...I wonder will God whisper His presence in my failing ears? Will His Peace invade the anxiety of forgotten memories? Will His joy enfold my loneliness? Maybe, because we don't hear about God when our bodies and minds are failing we think He is absent...Oh to have the voices from those saints speak into our growing fears and reassure us that Yes, God is not only with us when we get old but He is even sweeter.

No comments: