Friday, March 6, 2009

Got to...Get to

A strange thing happened on the way to the running fields. The kids and I have been off for mid-winter break and Scott is gone all weekend at drill so it falls on me to run the dog. You know the love/hate relationship I have with Mocha...needless to say if the weather holds I go and run the dog on a stretch of road not far from the house.
As I was driving her and yelling at her to sit down...long story...I realized a strange emotions coming over me. I really don't mind her at all AND I really don't mind running her in the least. I get to run her rather then I got to run her (sorry for the really bad grammar). Attitude makes all the difference in the world...just like our parents told us every time we had to do the chores. So where else can this wonderful attitude apply...I have to work, I get to work: I have to clean the house, I get to clean the house: I have to go to church, I get to go to church: I have to go grocery shopping, I get to go grocery shopping: I have to work out, I get to work out...
It is as easy as that...well, maybe.
I heard myself tell Nick the other day about attitude and chores...attitude and everything really. I don't really have to change my attitude, I get to change my attitude.

No comments: