Friday, March 13, 2009

The Sound of ...

silence.
It is in the waiting that silence is loud. 11 PM and I am waiting for Mijo to call and tell me that the play is done. The 30 minutes before I fall asleep and everything I do not want to think about...I think about. The silence before the kids get up in the morning. Waiting for the next event, interruption, phone call...quiet.
The silence of this audience is a bit unnerving at times. The open stillness of the farm fields syncopated by the crunch of my shoes. God...His quietness shrieks across my faith.
Silence...it calms me as it rattles me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I tiptoe in to say "Hi" without disturbing the silence too much? I'm taking a bit of a breather from the various items on my "To Do" list - and enjoyed your comments this time again. You may not "hear" my response every time you write, but you do always stir one up. :) - lew