Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mocha...where are you?

Remember in the garden when Adam and Eve....God kept calling them, not that He did not know where they were, just gave them a chance to make it right before He did? We have a similar situation here with Mocha...not that I am God...BUT :).
Whenever I leave the house in the morning to take the kids to school I make sure there is nothing at nose level for Mocha to reach...but I always seem to forget that one thing. It has happened so often now that whenever I come home I know right away she has done something or she thinks she has done something...she is hiding.
She is an all brown dog and it is quite amazing how easily she can be out of sight in the shadows cowering and waiting to see my rage. To be honest...I have and do yet still get quite angry with her depending on her transgression. Today...it was a box of Kleenex that she decided was fun enough to rip apart. In the past it has been coffee cups, mail, flowers, pens, plastic bags, magazines...and whatever she finds at her level of interest. I have gotten mad enough in the past (sorry PETA) that now every time I come in after dropping the kids off she is hiding. She might as well as have done something for all the emotion she expends being afraid of me for that first 10 minutes. She will not come to me and she will not look at me even if she is clean of all wrong doing. I try to prevent the temptations and think of all the things she can do but baby/Mocha proofing the house ..she always gets something different. What she ignored before she will pull down this time...maybe I should call her Adam.
The thing is I continue to be Adam/Eve when it comes to my relationship with God. He has never treated me the way I treat Mocha YET when I fail in all the similar ways that I do ..I will hide, not talk, refrain from Him. Why do I hide? Is it the whispers of the Old Testament and His wrath that makes me feel He will this time come unhinged at my transgression? I hide in the shadows trembling at His presence...telling myself that I have gone too far in my faithlessness.
Come He says...just come to Me all you who are weary and heavy laden. Tired Heidi, weary of the mess you have made...Come, I will give you rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, my friend. -lew