Monday, August 16, 2010

My Mijo

This girl of mine is turning 16 today. She was induced after a somewhat difficult pregnancy. We were so surprised to be having her that waiting one or two more days was OK. She came with enthusiasm and has lived every day with that same energy. She is beautiful, smart, talented, gentle and kind. She loves Jesus and is trying to figure out how to follow him in a culture that thwarts every forward motion. She has written her own stories, sung her own songs and loved her own life while honoring her parents.

I often worried I would have a hellion as a child simply as retribution for my own ways as a teenager. Why I was given such a gentle gift that I do not deserve I do not know...but I am so grateful.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Heidi - she is beautiful! You are indeed blessed. And congratulations - for if she is all you state, then you are a better mother than you question yourself to be. :) Sharon