Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thank you...

She is a tiny little woman. Hanging on to her son she is about to leave here in Lynden. They have been traveling from the East coast to the West and this is the final stop for her only child. He is one of our wonderful International students from China. He is looking with anticipation at this brand new school, she is only looking at him. We made shaky introduction through the interpreter and as they begin to leave she starts to cry. She grabs my hand and in every tear coursing down her face she is saying to me...please take care of him... "thank you" she says instead..."I will take care of him" I said to her. How could she know how much I understood exactly how both of them feel. How many tears were shed on the airstrip of that tiny little village as we waited for the plane to come and carry us away to boarding school so many years ago.
I hope she knew somehow that I knew what she wanted to say.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Heidi -
That is an incredible touching story. How good is our God to provide YOU for that woman's need. Yes, YOU do do know what she is feeling - feelings that transcend any words that could be spoken. For those moments you must have felt like that child on the airstrip about to leave with the MAF guys! Truly the promise "My God shall supply ALL your need..." became reality for that woman and her son in this experience. Bless you.