Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pain is mainly in the ...back.

We are in the middle of a huge remodel project that has involved complicated steps. Since Scott works in Tacoma from Monday through Thursday night we have had to do the majority of work on Friday and Saturday. Nick and I do prep work during the week like moving and digging and taking things down etc. It is crunch time here and as we scramble against rental time and daylight...I have re-injured my upper back. Not the place where I injured it last year but a recurring injury that causes me chronic pain. I overdid it in one of these flurry of activities and was lying on the ground next to all the cement and gravel wondering why I don't stop when I get the warning twinges. Scott keeps telling me to take it easy but as he labors under the sun I don't feel quite right just sitting here typing on the computer...but that is really all I can do and even sitting here my neck, arm and upper back remind me how stupid I can be... Our neighbors also did this same remodel on their basement but their church came out and helped them...a bunch of the guys in their church came out and put up what needed to be done. What a great church right....they are Mormons and they really seem to take care of their own. I have been wishing the same...from our church, from any protestant church. It seems a good thing...
Needless to say...building a wall is tedious to begin with and a man who is by nature meticulous and methodical...they will be beautiful walls.
All this to say...wish I was not in pain...wish we had help...wish it could be done sooner then later...can't wait for everything to be in order again. Being in limbo isn't a land I enjoy visiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all you need to do is ask :)

Anonymous said...

You are so right...so unsure though who knows the masonry skills necessary...will be looking though for the second wall !!! H