Thursday, August 16, 2007

Maaf...I am sorry

I have been having a hard time getting the pictures to download because the computer shuts down every time I try I will keep trying, I promise. Yesterday we had a wonderful experience and took a boat ride on Lake Sentani. All us newbies took the school on this trip and as we maneuvered our way around the lake and the houses on the lake the sun was setting in all its glory. What an evening. We waved at all the local children as they waved at us. We had slathered out bodies with insect repellent so nothing bit...it was a spectacular evening. We came back to the restaurant where all the teachers and their spouses had en evening out. The food was tasty and the entertainment were the rats that ran along the beams. Can't have everything :)

We have been having great conversation and beginning to learn the complexities of life here in Papua. How much has changed since I grew up here. I wish I could write it all down but I am processing the information and the sadness of how it is all unfolding. I have a 10 day view, so I know so little. I hope to know more and understand better what Papua is becoming.

Mijo and Scott celebrated their birthdays. Mijo missing her entourage of friends with every email written her...she has quite the collection of loyal friends and it is helping her in these few days before school starts.

I am getting prepared for school...prepared being the key word. The second weekend the whole high school will be spending 2 days at the beach...I like these field trips!!! Those high school students of mine....you want to be a senior here. We think we are busy in the States...these guys have quite the extensive schedules and extra curricular happenings. Fun to be a part of it all ....

Till next time....

No comments: