Saturday, August 18, 2007

This mountain...

This is the mountain that's in our back yard. It looks in this picture as it if is far away, but I took it when we were on the lake. It rises about 7000 feet and becomes an ever changing backdrop in the landscape of Sentani. So many of my memories are framed with this mountain in the scenery. So I wanted you to see it as well as enjoy it. It takes a while for me to upload pictures...So I will do it once in awhile and only if I get up early enough before the rest of the compound gets on the computer.

Maybe you can make out the outline of why it is called cyclops. It is supposed to look like a cyclops in repose. Can you see the face?

It is Sunday morning here in Papua, church will start in a few minutes and for some reason the prayer call was not made at 4AM. Maybe someone slept in but it was a wonderful silent morning for us to sleep in. Scott was up at 6:00 but that is sleeping in for him. I checked the weather in Lynden, it seems like you all are getting the rain a bit early this year. It is Sunday, so I am assuming it will be the hottest day in the week. I remember when I was in boarding school it was always the case. We could not swim and we had to take naps and write letters home...it was always the hottest day of the week.

Till next time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The mountain is GORGEOUS!!! Somehow I had not imagined your surroundings this beautiful. The sun is painting its own picture.

I am glad your children are old enough to remember this special time.

Can't BELIEVE you and Scott have been married five years....it does not seem that long. How glad I am that he found you (and Nick and Mijo)!!! God indeed works wonders in our lives every day.

Love,

juli said...

Hey Heidi
The view is great. Glad everything is wonderful and everyone is happy and healthy. Tell Scott and Mijo Happy B-Day from all of us. Sorry I missed it. Hard to belive it's been 5 years, so much has happen. Ask Scoot to write a note to Dad, if he can. I don't know if Mijo gave you my e-mail juli.stephens@msn.com Drop me a line when you get the chance.
Juli