Monday, August 20, 2007

They say Thank you....

As the students walk out of my class on the first day of school they said to me, "Thank you Mrs. Price". " You are welcome", I answer back. That's different ! I am not used to the whole idea that teachers are appreciated by their students. Makes me want to always do my best in every class all the time. I know, we all have our off days but what an amazing incentive.

Everyone seems to have fallen in love with school. IT is the first day and there isn't that much homework yet and everyone is still really nice, but love the start. Scott has been off in the jungle, quite literally in the jungle helping a team locate a boundary to a piece of property. They killed a death adder in the area not too long ago. As Scott is telling me this small detail I wonder aloud..." I wonder if they are deadly?, Well, Heidi...I don't think the name of the snake is "Comatose adder", or "Not Too Bad Adder"... Well, I am pleased to announce that they killed that snake and I am sure there are no others. They are careful, and they are aware and in reality, it is a jungle out there.

It is so fun to be teaching here....

2 comments:

dawnkroontje said...

It sounds as if all is well as well as very exciting....an adder! Please! That in itself would make me take the first plane out of there!

We so enjoy keeping up with your adventures and read them aloud when you post. Winzig sends his love. He went on a long run last night; the corn fields are quite enticing!

Can you send me an quick hi on my school email. I thought I had saved your address but it doesn't seem to be in my files.

Love to you all.

Dawn

Paul van der Bijl said...

hey. lenae and I could hear Scott saying that. very funny that.