Thursday, October 25, 2007

Going Hunting

I realize that in the US it is hunting season. I have no idea of what I speak, not being a hunter myself, but I do live with one. It is hunting season every night at our house. I know Scott misses Winzig (our German-short hair pointer, hunting dog) who is being loved by a wonderful family but, when all is said and done, winzig is missed. We have a cat..his name has changed so lately it has been Smeigel from Lord of the Rings. When we put the collar on the cat he reacted the same way Smeigel did with the elvin rope. If you have not watched those movies, you have no idea what I am talking about and it really has nothing to do with this story.

Anyway...Scott and Smeigel really have a great relationship. There are echos of Winzig in their dealings with each other. Scott rescued this cat from certain death by staying up on an all night vigil. The cat walks to the door when Scott comes in crying similar to Winzig's enthusiastic reception. The cat prefers anything Scott especially when they go hunting. Scott holds the cat and walks with him in hand around the perimeter of our porch looking for cicaks( small lizards). Scott says that the cat is on point when this happens. He sticks his neck out, his tail is swishing back and forth, and he growls and mews. You do realize I am talking about the cat( smile). I think Scott misses his dog and this is as close as he is going to get.
When Smeigle catches a cicak, Mijo yells for the cicak to be let go, Nick looks to see the fight and I hope the cat won't drag the bloody carcass into the living room.

Last night it was a full moon, I think I could of read a book outside. Needless to say it took a while to get the cat back into the house, it was good hunting even without the help of his Owner.

1 comment:

juli said...

Scott, Buzy's daughter is getting merried May 30, 08 in Port Orange FL
Heidi great job on the blogs, Dad and I enjoy reading them. How is Nick feeling?
Juli