Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Malaria !!!

Has visited out house and the parasites now live in Nick, our youngest. We went to have him checked out for flu like symptoms...you guessed it, they took a blood slide and he wins the dubious prize of first infected. REALLY...he is doing fine and because he has malaria and not some unseen and unknown disease he can be treated. He is home resting, reading, watching DVD's and missing our xbox. He has been the most bit and the one we have watched over the most...Oh well, the kind of malaria he has ( there are two here in Papua) is the more serious one but when caught early very treatable. It is also not the recurring one so maybe this will be it for him. Or not...

Healthwise...collectively we have lost about 50 pounds. This may be good for some of us and no matter what you are thinking, I am not that bad of a cook. Food is a bit more simple here, and most likely more healthy. We also sweat a lot and move around a bit more as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH HEY! Poor Nick! I know behind your "put on the best face" attitude, you must be worried. BUT, as you say, you caught it early; it is treatable; AND not the recurring kind (which is a relief). I didn't know there was such a type like that.

It sounds as though your teaching is going well. (And I WISH collectively George and I would lose some weight!)

Apologies for being away from my e-mail for a while. George & I have been mattress shopping. (Yes, I know this must sound mundane to someone with an earthquake going on!)

Our love, G&G