Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Just Nasty

My ulcer is just nasty. In the process of it becoming so infected that I was ordered home by the nurse to not get out of bed unless I had to use the facilities, I got lots of advice. Pack it with sugar, black ointment, honey and papaya leaf and soak it in the purple stuff we use to clean our vegetables to what I have been doing, soaking with salt water, antibiotics and STAY OFF the leg. Scott was my sub in class yesterday and for him to be in the classroom as a teacher is just way beyond his comfort level.
It is just nasty this huge volcano of infection on my leg. I got sick to my stomach yesterday just looking at it while Scott was trying to clean it out. It is no longer taking over my leg and I no longer have a fever, so I am back at school but still gingerly walking about. There was a few days when nothing was working on this thing and it was getting bigger and redder and hotter. How vulnerable I felt to this unknown enemy who had come on a small and inconspicuous scratch.
We have collected our injuries and sicknesses and learned some valuable lessons...
Scott cannot eat fruit from the men who sell it by the side of the road or he will get sick.
Nick needs to wash his hands all the time before he puts anything in his mouth.
Mijo needs to wear something on her feet and not go into unknown water holes.
I need to look for scratches and make sure they are cleaned.

It would be nice to hear from some of you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi - What an ordeal you have gone through. I'd read through your item written on the 11th and thought you had done such a good job of writing. But it sounds like things got worse before they began to get better. I like your upbeat tone - but do pray that you will see a rapid healing and return to health. My prayers go with you. - LEW

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Price, hows life? My life is the average; with its ups and downs. Seems like you're having an awesome time. I hope you get well.
-John

Unknown said...

I just clicked on your blog and found out about the ulcer! Oh, oh, oh, I do NOT want you to suffer so!

Mama Bear is probably over-reacting here, but I do not do well with pain/disease/infection. SOOOO, I do not want those I love to be a victim of any of those!

Take care...we love and miss you. When you get home safe, we may not let you leave again!