Saturday, November 17, 2007

Perspective


Winzig ,our German short hair pointer, was killed by the side of the road after she had run away from home. Tom and Dawn negotiated terrible few days trying to figure out what had happened to her and why she ran away. As we waited on this side of the ocean they frantically went through the paces to find her. This story unfortunately did not have a happy ending. This dog bred to hunt hated guns. She just wanted peace, food and Scott. She helped tie our little family together, and we can't imagine our home in Lynden without her. We were and are so grateful to Tom and Dawn and family for not just taking care of her for us but loving her and now missing her. They carry more then they should, we wish them peace. It is a matter of perspective, I know, but at this moment...we are just incredible sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi - this is pretty awful news. My sympathies to your family in a discouraging time My grandma passed away while I was serving in Manila, and it took awhile for me to really be into my overseas role - I pray you all are able to find joy in your everyday surroundings these days.

Anonymous said...

Heidi, Scott, Mijo and NIck - My prayer is that you will feel God's comforting arms around you - as individuals and as a family. He knows how you are feeling. May His love and care comfort you. LEW

Les Hon said...

We were so sorry to hear of the loss of Winzig. Being dog-lovers ourselves, and having lost a few faithful companions in recent years, we empathize. Knowing that God takes care of sparrows, I comfort myself believing that he cares for our dogs too...Such wonderful creatures that God made to love us...I always think that was such a generous gift that God has given to enjoy! We're sorry for your aching hearts right now, and we hope that someday the blessing of winzig will be replaced with another faithful companion such as her.
Thinking of you more often than you know,
Leslie