Thursday, July 10, 2008

Order in chaos


To be honest...it is hard for me to be here in Lynden. Not because it is Lynden, it is a great town and community but because I have no idea what I am supposed to do here in Lynden. Every day I wake up wondering what I am going to do to fill the day. When we were in Jogjakarta every morning we had this buffet of breakfast foods to choose from, western, Chinese or Indonesian. The juices alone made for a beautiful visual and that was just the start of the day...
So..I have been reading, finishing my quilt, cleaning the house, disciplining the puppy, fixing supper and wondering. I read the other day that when we bring order into chaos we bring God's kingdom down here as it is in Heaven. It is as though what I do here affects heaven, could my making order out of the chaos of my house and garden bring glory to God? Could what I think is mundane really be sacred after all?
Is the buffet offered to me every morning though simple yet still really as profound and significant as any buffet given to anyone in anyplace? Could it be as simple as that?

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

My question, too...Is it that simple? (and why would I want to make it any harder than that...)Hmmm...The complexity seems to be that God has bound up eternal values in the realm of the temporal...Our only place to do His work for eternity is in the temporal, transitory things of time and space...
I guess sometimes I think it should be grander than that...

Anonymous said...

Heidi - I am so glad you are continuing. I added a comment to you last blog (late, but added).

I love 'les hon's' response to this blog. I would have to agree with it. Funny how easily and quickly we tend to make the temporal, transitory things permanent in our minds and lose the simplicity of life. Good thoughts...