Sunday, July 13, 2008

Renewing her passport

A friend of mine called me yesterday...88 year old woman whom I love dearly. She was welcoming me home and wanting to hear all about our adventures. As we talked she told me about her moving to a home and this has been really hard on her. " I always thought I would just be taken home but I guess I am taking a detour".
I heard this quote in a movie we watched, "You know how to make God laugh...make plans". All the plans we make and how much of it doesn't quite happen the way we thought. As we were coming to the end of our conversation she told me that she was going to renew her passport on Monday..."you never know" she said. I love that spunk in her..I love that she loves God and has done so most her life. I love it that she rests and struggles with life at 88 and wonders how to trust God in this next change she is going through. I love it that she is going to her renew her passport because you really never know and you have to be prepared. Scott told me the other day as I bemoaned the fact that I don't know what I am going to do this fall...Heidi, everything can change in a moment...wait and see. So even though I don't have to renew my passport, I am prepared. I am waiting and seeing and waiting some more.

No comments: