Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sometimes it is better to do just what it says


Do not entry...or don't come in here, you are not welcome. We were walking around temple areas and many times there were sections we were not allowed to entry :). The reason being I found out later is that we would bring bad ju-ju into this place of worship and there may not be enough sacrifices to be done to cleanse the place after we leave. Easier just to not allow us to enter.
Funny though, that is where I wanted to go just because they did not want me in there. I know..not very sensitive but honest. I don't like to be told to do anything, I think it is a common feeling amongst human beings and dogs. Dogs because we are trying to train our pup who also does not like to be told what she is not allowed to do. There are so many times during the day when I simply tell her no..no and no again. Do not come in, pick up, knock over, eat, chew, run through, jump on and entry. Psalm 37 gives me some very clear direction as well. Clear and concise... I am not allowed to fret, tells me I have to trust and delight and commit and then be still. I seem to want to do the opposite. Sometimes though it is just better to do what it says...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good piece of writing! I like your style. - lew