Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From there to here

This was the first day we arrived in Papua. All scroggy from lack of sleep and in wonder at being in Sentani. Mijo and Nick were shorter and we had no idea what lay ahead of us. Zip a year later and we are not so much in wonder at being in Lynden but we have no idea what is ahead. We have some idea probable much more then we had that day in August.
To be honest I have no idea why I am still keeping a blog. The routine of being in Lynden can't really be of interest ...it isn't even interesting to me. I am in a bit of a funk which I can't seem to talk myself out of. Again, I know it is a transition but I can't imagine you are all interested in my ravings and mundane struggles. So unless I hear otherwise or feel otherwise...This should be it.

4 comments:

Les Hon said...

I'm kind of sad to think you won't be blogging anymore...I value your perspective on life -- and life happens even here in dull Lynden. You have always had a way of seeing God in the path He's put before you...Why stop sharing that now?
I'll still be checking...
Leslie

Anonymous said...

I agree with Les Hon - your perspective is a valuable one - I vote that you keep sharing it with us. - lew

Anonymous said...

THank you...it was one of those days and I it helps me to write it out the things I see...so I will becuase it is within my nature to expound :) THank you so for the encouragment. Heidi

Anonymous said...

Please don't stop - you don't know me aa I live just across the border but have been following your blog since you left. You have encouraged me with your frank honesty. I think when we have been Christians for a long time (like me)we think it is somehow unreverent to speak our honest thoughts. Listening to you helps me understand we all have questions and disappointments we don't understand. You have a gift in how you word your thoughts and it touches my soul. Please continue.