Friday, January 23, 2009

Iconic image of PNW


When you think of living here an image that should pop in your mind would be mountains and ferry's...not so much snow but that can be included. It has been spectacular here the last week or so with its crisp air, snow capped mountains and sun, lots of sun. In the staff lounge the other day we were telling a person who lived in MI why so many people love living here. The mountains, the islands, the cities, the beauty, the weather...and so much more. It is lovely living here.
There is a restlessness in my person as I absorb the beauty around me. It seems my moorings have been jostled in this past year. I don't seem to have my bearings anymore. Being here was good enough...it had enough in the scenery alone to keep me grounded.
The books I am reading, the news I am hearing, the world I am understanding and even the music that pops up on my ipod keep pointing away from being in this place of beauty and comfort to places of significance and difficulty. HIS is going on OE in a few days. If there was an iconic image for that journey, I think it would be a tarp wrapped hole in the ground bathroom on a rainy hill. Trust me when I say I don't really want to be there again, BUT I do want to be necessary. With what can happen and what will happen this year...maybe I'll find it. That 'it' may be here, in this beautiful spot of the world but then maybe not. Like Mijo I just want to know...

No comments: