Saturday, January 10, 2009

Something just isn't right!


During Christmas break it was cold here in Lynden. One day, Nick put on anything he could find to keep warm what was getting cold. It is as if, as he walked around the house he put whatever he found , to cover what was getting cold. The ensemble was interesting! From his Marine cap to my garden shoes...it worked. I don't think he would have ventured to class in this attire, one it is Junior High...enough said. The safest place to be in this get-up...our living room. And now...for all you to see. I am sure he would not be that pleased except for the fact that I am sure none of his peers read my blog.
To be honest, don't we all feel a bit like this all the time whenever we go out? I walk out the door, check myself in the mirror but still feel like I am wearing snowboarding socks with my running shorts. If not externally, always internally. Does it ever end this uncertainty, this sense of insecurity?
What helps me always is that I know I am not the only one who feels this...we are all walking around with something that just isn't right. I am sure that is why we are scrupulous in our attire so that internal insecurity will be overshadowed with our external ensemble. We are all a bit miss-matched internally, we all walk around and grab what works to keep warm what keeps getting cold. I can hardly listen to the news anymore without the cold blade of fear touching my warm security. I find myself looking around to see what helps...any hope lying around that I can wear so that I won't be afraid.
Do not be afraid He says over and over again..Do not be anxious for anything He says over and over again. Be still...stay warm...I'm Good. I'm God.

No comments: