Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My beautifull only at Christmas time tree

We have this tree in our front lawn that gives my husband sorrow because it is sooooo ugly. It has been dying for several years now and every spring one less branch blooms. I have held on to this tree because at Christmas time...it shines. I mean literally, shines. It is the best looking tree in the neighborhood but only at night. This was also the last year that this tree is going to be beautiful because my husband will put it to rest and finalize the long process of dying. I am a little sad about the whole thing ,though, because this tree also holds all my bird feeders and wind chimes. Scott promises me another tree an even better one ...but for me this tree is so much more then the dying branches. Christmas time won't be the same if this shining beauty does not grace my front lawn.
But its times has come , it isn't healthy anymore and now whenever we have a wind storm dead branches are flying off.

An ode to my beautiful only at Christmas time tree.

You shine so bright but only at night
your beauty for all to see
But Scott in his wisdom and strange delight
will chop you down
so very merrily

No comments: