Tuesday, January 12, 2010

10 minutes will do

10 minutes....Scotty called from Thailand last night at 10 and we talked for our allotted 10 minutes. What can you say in ten minutes...not much but enough. The whole; "How was the trip", "What is it like there", "How warm are you", "When can you sleep"...When we talk again, we will talk about feelings and issues and situations. Distance creates a barrier and time defines content.

The other morning I woke up early and realized that I had slept all night without aide. I was refreshed and so grateful. I prayed a prayer of thankfulness that in all the things I need to say and pray about, it is the small details that make my relationship with God real.

Scott and I are limited by time and distance but those ten minutes every other day make our relationship dynamic rather then static. We can continue our dialogue of marriage rather then wait 3 weeks and start again. Because of those ten minutes...I am not alone in this.

Same with my relationship with God...distance nor time is limited but then, somehow it is. Some encouragement to you if at this time if you and He seem far away...10 minutes will do.

No comments: