Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The path ahead...

When I run the dog it is on this road. The road that is not straight. The first time I saw this sign I laughed because this is the story of my life. I have an idea that if we all had a road sign that reflected their life's journey, it would look a lot like this. This isn't the prayer of the Psalmist though...he usually asks God to show him the straight path. PS. 27:11 Teach me your way , O Lord; leas me in a straight path because of my oppressors. The one proverb we all know so well... trust in the Lord with all your hearts, don't lean on your own understanding...in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. 3:5-6.
Straight...not crooked!
The thing about warning signs is that I have never seen a sign that warns us that the road will be straight for a while. Why...because we can see it. This warning is up so that we will be aware that the road does not keep going on in a straight line, we have to be alert, we have to slow down or we will end up in lovely ditches.
I think we pray for the straight but in reality we walk on the crooked. Trust in him and in all the crooked paths we walk...He makes it straight. I can't see around the bend, I have no idea the direction...He does so I keep walking. If we could make it straight...we would not slow down. Since the path we walk is crooked yet He makes it straight because we are following Him...we go as fast or as slow as He does. How do we follow...Love God fiercely...treat others the way we want to be treated.
I think it is as straight as that.

No comments: