Friday, January 22, 2010

Loosing my temper

Mocha....you should already know that it was 'the dog'. Her best buddy is gone to Thailand and she has tolerated us/me. I have fed her, run her, pet her...yesterday she decided out of the blue to pee on her bed as we prepared to go to bed. Oh, I lost it. I yelled at her, yelled at her again and banged some doors really hard. This of course helps nothing...she ran into the corner behind a chair and stayed there maybe all night. I did not care where she slept but I did not want her near me for any reason at all. I asked Nick if he would sleep upstairs just so that she would not whine at the door.
When I get mad at this dog...she goes to Nick. This is huge...she does not usually like Nick. Nick is her litter-mate...Nick is competition all the time for everything, attention, bones, food...whatever. When I am angry at her...Nick is her best friend.
I am still mad at the dog...I am tired of taking care of her and tired of her being so weird all the time. Scott being gone does not help...and now that he will be working away when he comes back the care of this dog falls back on me. I knew this before, I just thought I would eventually like the dog. I guess I tolerate her as she does me, but she always seems to want more.
I think my fundamental problem with dogs is that they are so needy. They need love, attention...I don't like needy. I like cats...they need nothing. We get along great.
I don't think there is a deep truth here to observe. I usually feel bad when I yell, I didn't this time. I feel a bit bad at not even acknowledging her today... this will pass. I will pet her again, feed her and even run her. Scott would be really mad if I didn't...and I need him and love him.
Dogs....Mocha...Sheesh already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are soul sistas....i did the same thing with Faith yesterday when she kept whining....i think i slapped several doors as well.