Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Battering...

I wrote the last post an hour or so after I heard the news about Cheryl. As raw as the emotions are in my writing I am sure a few days would have been a bit wiser. I wish I could say that in these few days my thinking and emotions have changed. They have, simply because it takes a lot to keep that intensity of emotions...and in the end it matters nothing how I feel about any of these issues. It is like raging at the ocean because it caused the Tsunami...Me raging at God doesn't change anything. There is a bit of a conundrum here...wanting to change the Immovable, Omnipotent, Un-changing, Omni-everything God.
So this battering myself against the immovable just makes me battered. So quietly I'll slip away from the fray and mourn deeply the loss of a good woman. Mourn for Jonny and Christi and Peter the loss of their wonderful mother. Mourn for Jim who wishes for one more day, for the Hispanic community who loose their spokesman, the friends in Bolivia , the daughter, the sister, the friend...How much one life makes such a difference in the simple and humble way that she loved.
So there it is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The imagery of raging at the ocean for causing the tsunami is powerful. I trust that in the quiet you will hear the silent small voice of your Heavenly Father, comforting you, His battered child. Blessings on you. ~lew