Thursday, March 3, 2011

The sound of noisy silence

The alarm goes off at 6:20 to KGMI radio, I get up after the blurb of international news is finished. In the bathroom while I am getting my face together I listen to the Canadian news channel to fill up the rest of the news. When I sit down at school I plug in my Ipod to my speakers and listen to music while I do school work. When I come home in the afternoon, the radio comes on so I can listen to NPR while I fix supper. After supper, the TV comes on and I catch up with what I missed. When I go to bed, I turn on my Kindle and read till I get sleepy.
There is no silence...it is all noise. No wonder I am anxious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of silence.....we, your readers, are quite the example!

I affirm the importance of silence. When I have the need for a lot of music and sound in my life, I try to ask myself if I am trying to block His voice by the music/noise. I can't hear Him if I'm letting other sounds fill the silence. ~lew

Anonymous said...

I think for Lent I may give up that noise just so I can hear again. Heidi