Thursday, May 29, 2008

Breathe in...Blow out



If we had not invested in anybody here in Papua, we would not be having such a hard time leaving. If we had kept tight to our homes and schedules we would not have had to cry as hard or hurt as much. BUT..we woul d be very much like these dolls in the window. Just looking in...is the pain of leaving worth the joy of investment? Absolutely! Souls invested are souls enriched.

Breathe in...Blow out. These are the last few days. All the hoopla of graduation, parties, banquets etc., all done. Good-byes, the last of's, we will never again do...done. Now we are trying to figure out how all our stuff multiplied and we are going back with as many pieces of luggage as we had coming. We are blowing out at the moment... de-compressing from all the intensity of the last few days.

Many have asked me what I will take away from here...Maybe finally for the first time in my life I can be more then just an MK. This is important to me that my history does not limit me from living in the present. Having been here in the Great Thief of a country (takes much without asking) I realize that the truth of what I became here cannot give me the boundaries that I have to live in now. I am much more then just an MK, just a mixed up, global, cultural miss fit...I am good to go in spite of and because of previous reality. I am loved by the only Constant in my life, I am good with Him no matter the geography, job or lack of, history and/or heritage. We are all awkward in some way where we live and how we live. None of us are baggage free...we all need help carrying each others stuff.
Breathing in and blowing out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi - I have left a couple of comments on other blogs, but somehow they haven't been published. Hoping that this one gets to you - to say that I'm remembering to pray for you. Hope your travels are happy. - lew

Anonymous said...

Heidi - I just got to read this one now. I think your conclusions are profound and penetrating. Although I have never been an MK, with cultural diversities as part of my make-up, I also have discovered that all that makes who I am today is made up of my past and the future I follow in God's plan - and so I am constantly being re-defined as it were. I love how you expressed your thought process - it spoke to my heart deeply. God bless on your journey back to some unknowns.