Monday, May 12, 2008

So why did I not see this before?

Mothers day at the beach, it was wonderful. Every time I have walked along the beach looking for shells, I have looked at the overhanging trees and wondered if there were snakes up there in thar trees. Well, there are and thankfully this one did not drop on me in my walk, but it was resting in a tree close to where we all gather. It is hard to see...ya? Beautiful in all its camouflage down to the white underbelly. A tree python in all its slow and methodical beauty.
We have started to pack up. I am hoping we are going home with much less then when we came, but we are resilient and resourceful. I am sure because we have empty boxes to fill we will see if we can. So what would you like from here? Let me know, I will see what we can do. The tricky thing will be to see how to get the bow and arrows home in one piece. Our luggage may look a bit more exotic. We leave Sentani on the 1st of June to see the mine in Tembagapura, then on to Bali on the 3rd, Jogjakarta on the 13th and Seattle on the 17th. We are thinking and planning on going on the Texas and home to Lynden the first week of July. I am thinking a bright green tree python won't be resting in any of the trees all the way home, this is something to be thankful about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you have snakes lurking in the trees. I learned last night that bloggers also have lurkers - those who read but don't respond to posts also have that title. Hmmm-I confess I'm a lurker on this site much of the time. What would I be called if I responded to every post? - lew