Friday, May 9, 2008

There we were !!!


Of course...all you see is a bad road and huge ruts. What you don't see is...
all of us hanging on for dear life, rain and cold at the top of the mountain road, leaning side to side as we try and figure out how to get to the top of the hill, sliding backwards and going forwards, and sitting in the exhaust and fumes of either the truck going up or the motorcycles following. We left around 8AM and arrived in Wamena around 12:30. I sat in the back of the truck with Nick, Scott sat in the front so he could talk to Benni, and the back seat of the cab there was Carl who had shaking chills from malaria, a grandmother and mother with 2 children. It would have been too dangerous for the kids and mothers to sit in the back so Nick and I did. It was an adventure... and to see things along the side of the road, valleys and villages..it was worth it. It had not rained the night before so we were told the road was much better. We did not have to walk up any muddy hill or push anything.
Why I have not posted in awhile. It seems that blogspot is becoming raunchy and the filter decided that enough is enough and blocked access. It has taken us a week to figure out how to get on my site and still not allow access to others. I am very disappointed that blogspot is now that suspect...be assured though, we will always be G rated.
Scott has counted the hours till we leave...I keep trying to ignore the fact that we are leaving at all. This week, I was trying all sorts of gyrations to figure out how to stay. The SS teacher that was coming is now not coming, they need me here as much as they don't need me at LC. Trust me, it is not going to happen but for a few hours it was interesting to see to what lengths we were thinking to make it possible. Pray for us as it all winds down...the transition will be more difficult going back to Lynden then it was coming here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, What date are you scheduled to leave sentani - I'd like to pray with that point of reference in mind. - LEW