Saturday, May 31, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane,

don't know when I'll be back again, oh I hate to go. All my bags are packed I'm ready to go....
The Muslim prayer call woke me up at 4:15 this AM and I have not been able to go back to sleep. Mijo came home crying again last evening..she will be crying again this morning. All her friends are coming to the airport to say good-bye. I am doing OK...These next few days of adventure will help in the transitions. Then we live in obligation to commitments we have made, but for now there is a time delay. Our plane leaves at 9:20 this morning and again I am amazed at the amount of stuff we have even though we have given most of everything away, well...obviously not everything.
Next stop Timika and the mine at Tembagapura.

2 comments:

Among Worlds said...

sniff, snifff...snifffflleee! bbbbmmpphhtttt (wiping nose)

They'll miss you and cry for you, as they say goodbye to you...

waving goodbye...

Anonymous said...

Heidi - please do not stop blogging here! Your thoughts have touched me and many others. What an incredible woman of God you are. I keep thinking how very proud your mom would be to know you now (I only knew her in name through Elfrieda).

Much love.