Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Twilight...


I went down to get a shirt that was being made for me out of Batik material. It has been in the making for about 3 weeks now. What I did wrong from the get go...I told them I wasn't in a hurry. They have taken this to heart and had not started until we came down to see if they were done. You know something is off when you come in to pick up your clothes and they are working on the shirt as you walk in. The were very nice though...they pulled out a stool for me to sit on and wait. I don't wait well....I went back out and got more done and came back 45 minutes later. The reason they had kept this shirt for all this time is that I needed it to be made larger...well, they made it smaller and tighter and unwearable. Now if I was the size of most Indonesian women it would fit great but as much as I would like to be that petite, I am not. Waiting for nothing...They still have another shirt they are making for me, I don't think they have started and looked a bit surprised when I told them I was leaving this Sunday. I will go and see on Friday and hopefully won't have a small stool to sit on.
Twilight...I have to wait to get the full affect of the sunset. If I run out to get the picture I am always in a quandary if this is the best picture or if I need to sit and wait a few for better colors.
Waiting on God is similar...could the colors get better then this? Have I seen the best of students, the best of experiences...or do I wait and see. Twilight, sunsets and life is like that...sitting still and waiting as He unfolds the colors before my patient eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say - I've been following your blog for probably six months now, and I've loved it. I'm filled with emotion when I think of you going through this second goodbye to Irian/Papua. I know you and your family will go through a whole range of emotions! May God be near you through it all -
Kacie

Among Worlds said...

Heidi - I have read all your blogs, and been blown away many times by the insight you share with us. I eagerly look forward to reading about your thoughts as you leave your "heart" home and head back to the US. What thoughts will you have 1 month, 2 months, 3 months and so forth, after you settle back in the US of A?