Monday, June 15, 2009

Mobility

I moved all the toiletries to the bathroom from my bedside. I washed my face at the sink and I now use the toilet rather then the commode. I eat at the table, watched a movie in the living room and made myself a cup of coffee. The X-Rays last week did not show vast amounts of improvement but my body is getting stronger and at times I think I should be able to get up and walk around as if nothing happened at all. We went to Sonics yesterday for an outing and I am able to get into our SUV with no problems at all.....MOBILITY means freedom even if it is limited to wheelchair boundaries. WOOT WOOT !!!!!!!

I also get frustrated quicker, loose my patience and wonder how to fill my days. I have been wondering lately what I am supposed to learn from this other then horses are unpredictable and crazy. I have experienced so much through the love of others that the lesson of community has been imprinted forever on my soul. A friend the other day also made me realize that I can relax in the search of meaning...sometimes you just love God in the middle of it all even if there seems to be no over-arching lesson.

So I'm crazy woman in the wheelchair for the next few weeks...hopefully when and if you come by for a visit you won't encounter the impatient, cranky, wacko that seems to come to the surface a bit more often.

No comments: