Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Unraveling

We all have had it happen... there is loose string on a favorite sweater and you pull on it thinking it is just an aberrant string needing to be trimmed. You commence to pull it out and find out only too late that you have started the unraveling of a wonderful sweater. It is a kind of a strange thing to experience...there is something kind of fun about the unraveling but at the same time you know there is no way to get it back to the way it was and the sweater has lost its sweater-ness. These past few days as I sit in various places in the house I feel like this horse accident was the start of the pulling. I am sure it is the view from the wheelchair that inhibits perspective but still I am unsettled. It is the little things ...the little strings that by themselves are OK but when they follow the big pull...I feel like I am being unwound.

My camera was broken by the horse...I can't replace it at this time but ...
Our lawn mower broke down completely can't be fixed its too old...has to be replaced.
Every one needs to go and see the dentist...
The dog continues to be ill with only a large vet visit to help her.
The downstairs rooms need to be done this summer to give the kids their own space but ...

I think under any other circumstances I would take this in stride as a normal part of living here in the US...its just that is it all happening right now. The horse trip...pun intended...unraveled me in the out-of -the -blue kind of way. I am a bit jumpy to the uncertainty of it all. I wait now for the " WHAT NOW".
But...and there is always a but... I think that this is normal when accidents happen. When I have some distance from the moment I will see the bigger picture. Maybe not...but the view from standing will have to be better then the view from the wheelchair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At one time, I heard about the on-going issues that a child was having with nightmares. They would be totally undone by what they experienced night after night. A friend made a suggestion. After each nightmare, the mother was encouraged to talk to the child about the dream. The question to be answered was, "Where is Jesus in all of this?" I think when we find where Jesus is in our "nightmare" situations in life and deliberating move close to Him, we gain peace as we look at the situation from His perspective. May you find it so.