Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Looking up...

Houses in San Fran are beautiful even underneath. I glanced up on a walk through these neighborhood only to be delighted at this workmanship and creative touch. If I looked at instead of up...would have missed the details.
I have been out of sorts in every regard. We are in a building project in our house which creates chaos and chaos immobilizes me. I can't seem to figure out how to look up rather then at.
I can only see what is and not what can be. I only see getting older not getting wiser. I only see my children growing up not launching out. I only see the dryness of my soul not the wilderness of transition. I see the mess not the opportunity for change. I see half my life finished not half still to come.
My perspective needs to change but I can't seem to tilt my neck...reminds me what God called his children...a stiff-necked people. A people to stubborn to change their perspective...am I those people?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Nope - you are definitely NOT one of those people! You are woman in transition - it is the time of your life - partly. As such, our coping with all the changes tends to make us see outward instead of up. That said, I suspect it is also your personality in play here. My "preference style" of personality has always been a 'big picture' person, always looking up (and I often miss the beauty around me). But even with this personality I still found/find myself forgetting to look up, seeing the cup often half full.

At this time Heidi, remember you have friends, some like me in cyberspace, who will "hold your eyes up" even like Moses of old had help keeping his arms up! Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sharon...I have a stiff neck literally from all the yard work...so even metaphorically and literally it is hard to look up. BTW thank you for commenting...it has been pretty silent for awhile.:)Heidi